SWASTIKAS FOR NODDY / CROOKED CROSSES FOR THE NODDING GOD: IMMINENT COLOURED VINYL 2LP & 2CD RELEASES
Both albums have been beautifully re-mastered by the bricoleur and are being pressed on colour vinyl; each disc is in a different colour to the other. We expect the 2LP and 2CD to be released in about 6 weeks. We will add it to the shop as soon as we have a shipping date, and notify ToyTown through an update.
SWASTIKAS FOR NODDY / CROOKED CROSSES FOR THE NODDING GOD: WHITE LABEL BLACK VINYL EDITION IN HAND-SEWN CANVAS SLEEVE WITH LATHE CUT AND OTHER ITEMS
A limited, hand-signed and numbered edition of the white label black vinyl test-pressings of Swastikas For Noddy and Crooked Crosses For The Nodding God is now available online. It will be shipped in around 1 month from the date of this email. It consists of the following items, and photographs of three of the items are included in this email. Only one copy per individual. For more details, and the price, please go here.
- 39 signed and numbered copies.
- Swastikas For Noddy white label test-pressing with handwritten labels by David.
- Crooked Crosses For The Nodding God white label test-pressing with handwritten labels by David.
- A clear transparent lathe cut 12" of a remastered version of the Ekki Er Allt Gull, Sem Gloir... Skamt Er Öfganna Á Milli 12" single, which included "Happy Birthday Christus Christus", "Black Flowers, Please" and "Happy Birthday, Beau Maldoror Wolf Donnan", with David's silver thumbprints marking each side with the side-number.
- The Swastikas For Noddy and Crooked Crosses For The Nodding God test-pressings are inserted into a 6-panel screen-printed poster sleeve, with previously unseen Ruth Bayer photos of C93 from the Swastikas For Noddy photo sessions. The folded poster sleeve with enclosed records is inserted inside a screenprinted resealable bag.
- The lathe 12" comes in its own sleeve with silver silk-screened photographs of David and C93 on the front and back of a white card sleeve.
- All the above items then placed into a hand-made linen bag with an original 1930's Crooked Cross patchwork dream sewn on the front, a hand-embroidered 93 with 3 dots on the back, and 3 ribbons which tie the bag together.
- Each copy comes with a hand-numbered and signed insert, printed in a different colour, and on a different paper, of the insert for the standard 2LP edition.
- Another Surprise PickNickTrick from the Nodding God is included in the package.
SHIRLEY COLLINS' 80th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS IN LONDON JULY 5: "ALL IN THE DOWNS"
I am OverMoon to announce ALL IN THE DOWNS, an event to celebrate Shirley's 80th birthday party at the South Bank, London, on July 5. I have written a long essay in the limited edition souvenir programme that will be available on the evening. This 40 page booklet (191 x 191mm) also includes many rare photographs and The Bonny Cuckoo, a 7" vinyl single of some of Shirley's earliest recordings taken from a very rare acetate in my own collection.
Several afternoon events will also be announced shortly. For more details go here. The beautiful photograph was taken by Stephen Hopper. I will see you there!
A wonderful and long interview with Shirley appears in the English newspaper The Observer today too, with some mentions of myself and C93. Click here to see it.
OSSIAN BROWN AND HIS HAUNTED AIR REVENANTS ARE HERE!
A new website devoted to Ossian Brown's phantasmagorical book Haunted Air has just been launched. Coinciding with it is the release of the new album by Faith No More, to which Ossian has contributed many photographs, most notably the vagabond spectre haunting its front cover. Skip along to
BABY DEE NYC ALBUM LAUNCH JUNE 3
The exquisite Baby Dee has a NYC launch for her extraordinary new album, I Am A Stick, at Joe's Pub on June 3. For more details, go here! I love you, Baby Dee!
MEGAN DIDDIE: HER NEW WEBSITE
The truly astonishing artist Megan Diddie, and my dear friend too, has her new website up. I love Love LOVE her work, and I love her too! I have a lot of her beautiful work in my house. Go here to see her Hallucinatory Harvest!
THE COLLECTED WORKS OF COUNT STENBOCK
I am, as usual, still working on this. I expect it to be out either late this year, or for my birthday on March 5 next year.
TWO MORE VOLUMES FROM DAVID TIBET...
There are two other books I am working on, both of which excite me greatly, and both of which are scheduled for publication by other publsihers for November 2015. Their initials are TMAYD and TGOPH. The former contains a multitude, and will be accompanied by an album and a single; the latter contains a singularity. I hope to give more details soon.
Happy BirthDay To You All,
Anāku & Anok+++